Sunday, September 10, 2006

Gift Economy in Italian + BM 2006 best pics

My good friends from the Roman advertising agency xister asked me to write an article / editorial on - guess what? Burning man, of course. At the beginning I was not so sure - I still believe Burning Man has to be experienced, not told.

But then I put all my experience together, and I tried to surrogate it in a Wikipedia-style article, rich of links and references - pretty much like this blog. Only that the article is in Italian, and geared towards a specific topic, just to launch a little provocation at xister's newsletter audience, basically composed by marketers. So I talked about one of the Burning man principles that inspire me most, the Gift Economy.

Here is the link to the very long article, and here below a selection among my best Burning Man 2006 pictures that has been published with my Gift Economy article. Enjoy the reading (if you can read Italian!).




















More Burning Man 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 pictures from Burningmax are available at Burningmax's Burning Man photo collection on Flickr.com !

If you are interested in learning more about Burning Man's Gift Economy, follow the link in the Burning Man essentials, or just watch a movie!

A very good documentary called Gifting it has been circulating at several independent film festivals worldwide in the last years, including the London Burning Man Film Festival.

You can buy the Gifting it DVD for just a few dollars (even less in Euro), so you don't have to chase it around film festivals! To know more about the movie, and hot to get your copy of the Gifting it DVD, click on this link, or on the image on the side.

Enjoy gifting!

No comments: